Tuesday, September 29, 2015

One more little cabin...

To welcome fall and hold some of my favorite pin toppers!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Farmer's Wife/Mistress Revisted

I pulled out my Farmer's Wife quilt blocks that I'm doing in all Fig Tree Quilt fabrics and made a few more blocks! I'm going to run out of blocks I can do without either printing the templates or paper piecing and I'm really not sure I want to fool around with either of those right now.  

 Each of these has Cinnamon Stars fabrics, and my obsession is showing I know! But this was one of those early lines I was able to track some down and I'm not ashamed to say I'm kinda proud of that fact. It was fun.
I now have 29 of the blocks done. I still have no idea how many I'll ended up making, and I have several ideas for not in the book blocks I may through in.

Have you restarted any old projects lately?

Friday, September 25, 2015

Stitching Time

Some times a girl just has to stitch something cute! This one is going to hang in my sewing room, which is really where I feel at home right now.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

What to do with apple core scraps?

Make a mini log cabin! I had 42 1" x 5" strips from when I did the apple core English paper piecing (EPP), so I went with the classic log cabin. I ended up with enough to make 4 3" blocks which were sashed with leftover strips that matched the center square in each cabin's "hearth". 

What do you like to do with little bit like these strips?

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Apple Cores!

 Normally when I say apple core it is normally preceded by a "Why???" and followed by "insert location apple cores absolutely should not be" aimed at Little Bit but these are the kind I love to find!!

Two packages of apple core pieces from PaperPieces.com were hiding in one of my sewing drawers so they ended up glue basted to some gorgeous fabric from Holly Taylor called Enchanted Pond. I really love the depth of colour her lines have, as well as how they can be very gender neutral but still rich with warmth.

I was originally going to hand stitch them together but I decided since my hands hurt a lot lately I'd cheat. I sewed them together on the machine with a zig zag and I finally have an apple core not quite mini quilt!

Monday, September 14, 2015

Lonestar strikes again!

That's how it feels anyways!

I had some left over strips from a different project I started, but haven't finished, when the strips just demanded to be sewn into a top and this lovely was the result!
I used Pom Pom de Paris by French General for Moda and am thinking of adding on of the pink prints as a main border with maybe one of the lighter reds as an inner border. What do you think?

Sunday, September 13, 2015

More Tumblers!

I got curious after playing with my other mini tumblers top what a charm pack would look like cut up. So I cut one up.

And sewed it into 14x12 rows

And got this lovely! It measures about 17.5*24.5".

 These gorgeous beauties are from Moda's Weave line and I really loved them. I cut the charm pack in quarters then cut up all the 2.5" squares using a template I made out of the charm pack cardboard.

Tumble on!

Friday, September 11, 2015

Tumblers are always in style

I've had the above mini top in a drawer for years and contuing my effort to at least put hands on and look at my old projects I got it out to add a few more rows.

 This is made out of 2.5" mini charms I've cut into tumblers from different lines of Moda Fabrics. I think there is only one of each print and there currently some Kansas Troubles, Civil War Reproductions, and generally heavier feeling fabrics get added to this baby.

 It's now 17*23, which is 391 tumblers.

This one I don't actually have a plan for when it will be done, maybe never, just that it gets worked on every once in a while is enough.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Paradise Batik revisted

Many years ago, in an apartment not very far away there was a quilt created for a Moda Bakeshop project Batik Wave, whose scraps were cruelly stuffed in a box.

A box where they have lived until now....

I dug into a box of scraps and came up with a huge amount of roughly 20" strip sets with black and batik strips that I'd made in a brilliant moment of bad math. Luckily it was I now have too much type bad math. 
Ironed cut up and sewn up into 4 patches I came up with this block

Which made this top!

I love happy endings!