Thursday, March 24, 2011

Canadian Quilt of Valour

 Since I've received several e-mails about deadlines I thought I'd answer here. I'd like to receive the blocks by mid-May, earlier if possible but that will be the deadline.
 I'm hoping to have the quilts finished and sent off for July 1st, Canada Day.
Again if you're a "no-reply" blogger I can't email you back. I've been checking profiles to see if I can reply from there but if you don't have an email listed I can't reply to you.
You can send me an email directly if you like at caraquilts @ gmail.com


For my Australian friends. I've designed a Quilt of Valour for the Australian Armed Forces and it will be hosted by my friend Brie of Little Creatable. She will have a post up soon for it. The colours will be green and gold and will be a star block, finishing at 12". The basic design is this.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Australian flag, the white stars are what is called a Southern Cross and are found on the blue background of the flag.
The green and gold are the colours worn by athletes in international play.

If you are interested in having a quilt of valour drive for your country and would like some help, either designing or writing instructions let me know and I would be happy to help!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That is so wonderfully kind of you. As a proud member of a Commonwealth country, it is great seeing support for other countries that are serving/served.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That is a beautiful quilt and wonderful that you are doing something to support men and women serving.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful design! You are so sweet to share your talents, and give others the chance to join in!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com