Friday, June 2, 2017

#JellyRollRailway


I love a good jelly roll pattern and FQS's Jelly Roll Railway isn't too shabby!
Whether using up left over strips or breaking out the new fabric goodness, this is a quick quilt good for gifting!
There is a kit here. And the video tutorial here

I used half a a pack of 2 1/2" batik strips from I think Hoffman fabrics.
The mini jelly rolls from Wilmington would work perfectly since they have 24 strips.

This pattern goes for short cuts, and for the strip piecing it does but then makes blocks instead of just going on point with a block and sash, which is what I ended up doing. I'm in a place where I need all the short cuts to get a quilt done so as much as I love triangles, it was out with those except for the setting triangles. The others are squares as long as the strip, and the smaller ones the width of the strips.
Because of the colours I added a mitred border to add some pop of dark.

This one reminds me of taking the train through rural areas, blurs of colour.

1 comment:

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

What a great idea, to make the background darker. Love it!