Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Le Jardin Block Two C'est fini!

 I finally got Block two all finished up. This one did not go together without a little bit of oops.

I accidentally cut through one of the flower fabrics when I was cutting out leaves. Luckily because this is from FQS there was lots of fabric so I still managed to cut out my two tulips from this.

Here's all the pieces waiting to be glue basted and then them just waiting to be placed and sewn down.
 
I ended up taking a picture after each group was sewn down. It looked cool flipping through it on the Windows Live Photo.

 


Looks pretty good doesn't it? It's about 1/8" too small on the one corner, which is fudgable. I know that's not a real word but today it is!

Oh, oh! Guess what I saw had arrived at FQS! Le Jardin, the fabric line! At least precuts...which seem to arrive a month or two before the yardage, and the due date. Which irritate me in some ways, especially with the Moda Sampler box. They claimed the lines wouldn't be out until Spring, as late as April, yet they are all now out, again at least the precuts, and many with yardage. I don't think I'll buy the box again. Not when if I wait a month or so I can get charm packs etc.'
So while I'm happy about getting my hands on Le Jardin earlier, hopefully, I don't like these false release dates, or they feel false to me anyways. And I love my Moda, I just dislike anything dishonest, or misleading, and that's what it feels like to me.

Anyhoo, I promise you won't have to see Rouenneries for a few weeks as other things must be worked on. Unless I get Duma worked on, but I doubt it.
 I need to baste, quilt and bind Tumbling Dino's, finish the Verna mini and get and start/finish February's Schnibble, Sunday Best. Which means I have to order it, and figure out what fabrics to use.

8 comments:

Thelma said...

Cara,

That block is beautiful! Wonderful job! I would not have noticed that corner if you had not pointed it out!

kimland said...

Cara...oh, so pretty. I love how feminine this quilt is going to be.

Carrie P. said...

Well, that was fun seeing each photo as you progressed withe the block. It turned out very pretty.

hetty said...

Your block came out great! I love the step by step photography!

Pokey said...

This is lovely, Cara! I'm looking forward to the rest. I enjoyed you sharing the step by step pics.

Rene' said...

Cara, this is gorgeous!!! Looks like a lot of work went into your block. Thanks for sharing all the steps along the way.

Myra said...

Oh Cara! What a lovely block! Very nice! 8-)

Anonymous said...

How pretty! It gives me all kinds of ideas. I like the off-set look! Wonderful!