Sunday, May 30, 2010

May Schnibbles

  This month was a free choice for Schnibbles and I chose Hot Cross, which I've loved in every colour scheme I've seen it in. I dallied around waiting to order my pattern, which still isn't here, luckily a friend gave me the cutting instructions and I was able to put the blocks together. My Schnibbles Times Two book came with Le Jardin's Block 6 so it all worked out since Hot Cross is in the book.

All I can saw is I LOVE this pattern, especially in this line, which is Aster Manor by 3 Sisters for Moda. I desperately wish I could have made it bigger, still using the smaller block size, but it was not in the cards this month so it's going on my watch list, hopefully when the line goes on sale I'll be able to find it cheap somewhere and can make a bigger version.
Mason really liked it too, you can see him in the picture trying to decide how long it will be before he can steal it.


I'm off to work on my Cha Cha Challenge pinwheel quilt, and the placemats.

14 comments:

Carol said...

Your Hot Cross is beautiful! Love it!

Jocelyn said...

Wow it turned out so beautiful!

Carol said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love that!!! I've made two of this pattern. Yours is a keeper!!

Andee said...

It looks great!

hetty said...

Hot Cross is beautiful!

Nancy-Rose said...

That puppy is BEAUTIFUL!! (and so is the quilt!)

Barb said...

What a fun one...great choice!

Thelma said...

So far, I've been able to resist Astor Manor, but I've not seen it in person, which is usually my downfall. All the projects that I've seen online using that family of fabrics are wonderful, yours included.

For some reason, I always call that pattern Hot Buns instead of Hot Cross..... I don't know why....but it's going to be the first pattern I make from Schnibbles Times Two.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your Hot Cross quilt. And that little doggy is adorable!!!!! I saw him right away.

Carrie said...

Hi Cara ~ It's beautiful!

Hot Cross with Aster Manor is a terrific choice! I love this quilt so much that now you're going to have me scratching through my fabric to see if I have more Aster Manor! But like you... I sure would love to use the smaller block and make a bigger quilt. :)

Karen said...

Just popped in to your blog, it's wonderful. Your Hot Cross if fabulous!!! I mean, really fabulous. That is such a great pattern and the fabric line is perfect. Great job.

reddoorquilting said...

I loved your fabric choices. I don't think you could go wrong with this pattern. Love it!!!
Edith

Dresden Quilter said...

I love Aster Manor. There are a lot of places that have it on sale right now. I just bought a kit to make a Christmas Hot Cross.