Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Book Review!

  So after the whole thing with the last Sandra Dallas book I went to the library and got "Alice's Tulips" and I LOVED it! It is a slow book, easy to put down, in the sense that it is slow but not dull, everytime I do put it down I can't believe how much time has passed because I'm absorbed. The whole book is through a woman's letter to her sister during the US Civil War. Her husband is away fighting and it is her and her mother-in-law on the farm.

The historian in me loved it!
The quilter loved!
And the avid reader adored it!

"Alice's Tulips" I can definatly recommend!

6 comments:

Terry said...

I'm going to add this one to my list of books to read. I read her "Tallgrass" and next I'm reading "The Diary of Mattie Spenser".

Little Lady Patchwork said...

I have so many great things about Sandra Dallas' book! They are my "to read" list. I really want to read her book "New Mercies" because it takes place not far from where I live.

Thanks for sharing,
Stefanie

Nancy-Rose said...

I recently read this book too, and concur with your review!

Denise :) said...

Great! I love to read, I love quilting, and I love historical fiction -- this is *right* up my alley!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out this author. Fun to get a mini revue you know.

Quiltgal said...

I've most of her books have your tried "Prayers for Sale", she is a great author.
Also try Emilie Richards Series, starting with Double Wedding Ring. There are about 5 in that series.