Monday, April 16, 2012

DQS 12

I've already sent this off to my partner but hadn't blogged about it. This is the doll quilt I made for the flickr swap.

I used the Sizzix Big Shot to cut the circles and did a faux-trapunto, faux-drunkards path. I'm going to be doing a full review of the Big Shot but wanted to show this now.
I used linen, which was a first for me, other then lining a notebook cover. It is thicker and stronger then regular cotton but  has such a luxurious feel. I loved it.
The Big Shot 4" circle die cut threw multiple layers of the linen easily and accuratly.

 I curved the corners of the final mini hoping to add a bit of additional interest to the design. Since I did a dual colour quilt I quilted the light blue with yellow thread.
I really have a hard time in swaps, I never really feel confident that my partner will like it, which is why I rarely do swaps. I'm really hoping I wasn't totally off the mark, I'd hate to disappoint her.

How do you feel about swaps?

4 comments:

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Love your DQS12 quilt! Mine was fun to make!! I have a Big Shot and love it!

sandra said...

I have been disappointed a couple of times in swaps so I don't think I will do anymore.

Lesly said...

Love it! Your quilting is wonderful! I'm sure your partner will be pleased as punch. This was my first real swap, so I didn't know what to expect. The person I was making mine for didn't have much of a presence on the Flickr site but she seemed to like what I made her. And what I got from my secret partner was fabulous. So I would be open to doing it again. Actually, Cara, I think we should have a #talknt swap. Do think about it!

Dresden Quilter said...

Yours is beautiful. I must admit I had a hard time with DQS12. I found I had too much information to choose from. I have been in a couple of swaps where what I received was completely different than what I would think of as me, but both were beautifully done, and I have grown to love them.