Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I caved! Granny Square QAL

I tried. I really did but I couldn't hold out from doing the Granny Square Quilt Along when Shane suggested I make a baby quilt for our neighbour. I wanted something fairly simple, and I wanted to use fabric I already had. Since you can make the Granny Squares using strip piecing I decided that it was a go.
Granny Squares Max & Whiskers
It took awhile to figure out the fabric until I found the container hold almost a fully jelly roll of Max & Whiskers from when I made Avalanche, which is available at Fat Quarter Shop as a PDF still.
I add some black for the setting, and will be sashing both the blocks and border in black. I really like how it sets off the fabrics. And I still have a browns, whites, oranges and some yellows left! I'll be sad when I do finally finish my stash of this line because it really is perfect for kids, and boys in particular. It's not cutsy but it is kid friendly, and both Shane and I like it, even for adults.

Now to trim them up and hope I did it right!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh...I just love your quilt, that border is so awesome.

Everyone is tempting me with these granny squares...

Grit said...

Super schön.
Liebe Grüße grit