Friday, August 17, 2012

MFHexy quilt along

 I've been plugging away at my MFHexy quilt. I have almost all the flowers done. And now have to sew them in rows. Which I may not do. I have an idea but will have to see if it would work before I share it.
I did get the border fabric, I'm using Moda Crossweave in Apple. It matches the light green that is in a few of the prints, and I think it will help lighten up the quilt since I'm using the darker of the colourways from Lilly Belle.
Which I'm loving more and more.

There is so many little details I only notice while I'm working with such small pieces. And because I'm hand sewing them, I can look closer then when they're zooming past when machine sewing.

This has been a great project to have on the go this summer. I can take it anywhere and work on it when Little Bit is playing.

3 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

good to have you back in blog land. LOL I missed hearing from you !

Carol said...

Love hexies and they're a great on the go project. I make mine on train to work!

Marian-Lady Face said...

Lovely! I'm using almost the same fabrics and totally love them too. I like the fabric you chose for the back, it'll look wonderful!