Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Machine binding

I prefer the look of hand binding but sometimes time requires binding by machine. I've always had problems with it but after using the Clover wonder clips it's easy peasy! I use Pat Sloan's method of sewing onto the back first and then folding over and using the sew line from the back to guide the front binding.
With the clips you can sew right up to them, and then it pushes the clip and I just snatch it off. I've tried pins, and other clips but nothing has worked as well as these wonder clips, and they don't distort the fabric so it look good everytime!
They come in packages of 10 and 50. I got the 10 and will definitely be getting the larger pack. These will replace straight pins in a lot of things, save time and blood! lol

Remember to join in today with Talkin Tuesdays!

6 comments:

Shannon Wallace said...

I keep seeing these on blogs in pictures, but you are the first person I've seen actually write about them! :) Evantually I will buy some too. I have only machine bound quilts since I am a newbie, and very short on time. But I have to agree with you, I prefer the look too of hand bound quilts!

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

Hi Cara,
I'm writing from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop in Toronto. We're trying to get in touch with you about an event we're planning. Have emailed. I hope I had the right email address.
Carol

Patricia Lessell said...

Hi Cara

I bought these clips now all I have to do is finish a quilt top so I can use them. Soon - really really soon. Tomorrow I start - today I'm zonked. Horrid MS - don't usually complain but hate when it makes me feel so lousy.

Patricia Lessell said...

Hi Cara

I bought these clips now all I have to do is finish a quilt top so I can use them. Soon - really really soon. Tomorrow I start - today I'm zonked. Horrid MS - don't usually complain but hate when it makes me feel so lousy.

liz said...

Thanks Cara!

Jake said...

I just got my first pack of fifty and those Clover binding clips are JAZZY! Well worth the $16 (50% off at Hancocks)