Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Another new quilt!

 While I wait on backing fabric for my Nostalgia quilt, which I will post about again soon, I had a request for a quilt from my sister-in-law.

 We talked a bit but it was free reign for me so I thought way too much about it and started sewing before I had a full plan, which is is not my normal way of creating a design.
 I didn't even have all the fabrics figured out! For me this is some serious improv.

 I started with one idea when I stitched the center Carpenter's Star but it evolved several times to become this lovely.


It is 70" and has a mix of fabrics, including a charm pack of BasicGrey's Eva, Art Gallery Fabric Pure Element in Mystic Grey, more Eva fabric, and the greens I think are Robert Kaufman Kona solids. This was pieced entirely from my stash! Yay stash!

 I need a name for this one but am coming up empty. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Ariane said...

I love it! I often create this way. I just start sewing and the pattern just comes to me as I go. Great way to bust some stash too.

Barb said...

AWESOME!