Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Progress

I got the last border sewn on DH's surprise quilt. Now I just have to find a long arm quilter.



I got a lot of applique ready while Little Bit was at the park this morning. All the sashing is cut out for Lillebet's Garden. All the blocks are done, and the applique is going well. Little Bit and I picked up 10 spools of embroidery thread this morning. She got to choose one and she chose, huge surprise, dark pink.
This is the prep. I have found I love having applique ready to glue baste. This is such a nice thing for me to have at the park etc when Little Bit is playing. I can watch her, but still be occupied. I have to confess that, after a while, I really do find it boring, sitting around watching her play. Especially after a few hours at the park.



Little Bit for DH to help dress up on of the dogs...they are so patient with her.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, Cara! That is gorgeous and it is going to be amazing! DH is going to be in for a huge surprise! I will keep my fingers crossed that you find a LA who will do it justice.

I look forward to seeing more "in works" pictures and then the final "completely finished" picture. :)