Friday, December 31, 2010

Here it is the last day of the year and I haven't done my Christmas Post! That is pretty much how this year has been for me, hectic, busy and with me always a little bit behind.
So let me fill you in on my Christmas fun and then I'll do another post for New Years.

Christmas Eve dinner was at my house with all my siblings and both my parents. Things did not get off to a good start. About 12 my sink and garbortor stopped working. Clogged big time. Spewed water and carrot bits everywhere, including on me! This also means no dishwasher. I have to finish getting things prepped for Christmas Eve dinner, which is the big dinner with my parents, and siblings. My first Christmas in the new house. Yes it will be a great story someday but now it's making me panic!!!

This of course means I pour myself a nice rum with some egg nog. And go fondle fabric.
The go back and chop some stuff that didn't need washing. Then my mom  came to my rescue and we figured out how to fix things. So off we go continuing to cook. Little Bit went toboggaing with my sister and my brother's girlfriend's children. She had a blast of course.
Dinner turned out wonderfully, my older sister and I finished off a bottle and a half of vodka and good times were had by all. I was in fact incredibly pleased that my warning about any disrespect to me or mine would result in me asking the offender to leave was headed and everyone was pleasant and the evening was great fun.
We did a Christmas exchange which resulted in my living room being destroyed even before Santa came to visit but that was alright.
Little Bit lost another tooth so the lucky duck got a visit from Santa and the tooth fairy all in one night!

The evil sink after it spewed all over me!!
The tree before they attacked.

Daddy and Little Bit. Always sweet.
I do believe he thinks this is his.
The camera shy one! Gotcha!
The munchkins. Little Bit dressed herself. Can you tell?
This particular dog think this particular sister is crack. Apparently she doesn't mind as much as she says.
The sister who doesn't even particularly like kids moderating a game of memory.
The Execs. Yes, he even wears the stupid ear piece to Christmas Eve dinner.
Now just so you know, my mom rarely goes in for the garnish thing so this got her a good amount of teasing, until we ate it and it was awesome. White Chocolate turrin with raspberry sauce, that has no eggs, milk, gluten, corn, mold. Tasted like heaven.
Little Bit slept in until almost 9, which was a great present for Shane and I. And she was incredibly happy with her loot, though she was really funny when she got something she'd written Santa for, she said "it's just was I ordered!". We had to explain you ask for things from Santa, not order, he's not a mail catalog.

From now on no pictures as I had misplaced the camera.

 We did a brunch at my mom's, and she opened her present, which was Antique Etoiles. She loved it! She kept running her hands over the quilted wheat sheaf's I had done.
From there it was off to a cousin's place for a family dinner with my mom's side of the family. Again a lot of fun and drinking were had by most.

Then it was a drive to Peterborough so we could do Boxing Day with my dad's side of the family. All I can say is it's something you have to experience to understand. It is an immense amount of fun. Tons of people, about 90 or so for dinner. We're spread out everywhere. Yes, a lot of drinking. Watching Team Canada play in the World Juniors. It's so awesome because in so many ways its the same every year but it's always so special for me. I can't tell you how good I feel after being there. So much family, and so much love.
 I was blown away by all my family's love for my quilted wraps, and my quilting in general. So many of my aunts telling me how proud they are of me. It was very moving.

Next day it was time to come home and now I feel like a truck hit me. But I did get the apartment cleaned out and cleaned. Keys are turned in. It is no longer mine and I couldn't be happier!

So now to focus on the future and all the amazing things I have planned! But that is another post.

No comments: