Sunday, October 9, 2011

Uberfest! My turn!

Welcome all of you Uber-fest Quilters! I`m incredibly excited to be able to contribute a block to Scott`s quilt along! Did you see April's block yesterday? No pressure following that! lol


We were asked to design a block using HSTs (one of my ultime fav design elements) and log cabins, the original trendy block!
One of the reasons I loved the fabric I was sent, Sleeping Beauty by Nel Whatmore, was because I got one of the pieces that is technically a strip but it is so big I could use different parts as different colour patches. The orange fabric came from there.

What I came up with is what I`ve called Bear Cabin! Can you see why?


You can download the pattern sheet here. If you have any question just sent me an e-mail! I'm happy to help!
Make sure you check out Heather's block tomorrow! She is one creative lady!

16 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

What a great block!......if I wasn't so scared of triangles I might try making one!

VickiT said...

OOh fantastic block Cara. I really like this one. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Nice block and great name!! I really like it.

Mairi said...

I really like your block! Just one observation... I think the second orange strip should be 6 1/2" x 2" rather than 7". I should have a pic of my block up sortly! :-) Thanks!

Mairi said...

ooops I meant the 7 1/2"!!

Pieces to Love said...

I can't wait to do your block, but it will have to wait until I return from vacation. I only have the first 5 done so far, but I'm getting there.

Donna Joy said...

That block is stunning, great job. I am really enjoying all the different blocks, thanks for sharing.

Rebecca P said...

I love your block!! I'm saving them all to do when I have more fee time.

leanne said...

thanks for the block Cara - looks good

Unknown said...

I did mine this afternoon and I have a query. When cutting the 4" squares, shouldn't it be 6 cream, 4 orange and 2 red as opposed to 6:3:3? I ended up with a spare pair of red/cream HST's

April said...

Your block is beautiful! Apparently you do well under pressure. ;)
xoxo
April

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Your block is beautiful! Apparently you do well under pressure. ;)
xoxo
April

Sel said...

Mmmm, HSTs. So fun and easy!

Thanks for putting this block together!

Unknown said...

Hey Cara a belated big thank you for doing your block!
I have been so busy as I had two exhibitions in Oct/Nov that I am just catching up now and so it's wonderful to see everyones blocks. I have actually just sent the first strike offs of Katharine's Wheel back as that is my next range. It's all go. Anyway thanks again to all who took part, look forward to keeping in touch. from a very chilly England at present! Nelx

Unknown said...

Hey Cara just a very bleated big thank you for your lovely block using Sleeping Beauty my new range for Freespirit. I have been incredibly busy and so am now just enjoying catching up and seeing everyones blocks .

Have a great Christmas and look forward to keeping in touch. Nelx from a very chilly England!