Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sandy Quilts

 Spreading the news about how to send quilt and blankets, handmade or store bought, to those effected by Superstorm Sandy. You can get details and addresses on Moda's blog.

Michele from Quilting Gallery is also accepting blocks to be made into quilts to be sent.

Unlike most hurricane damage this occurred in an area with real winters, and a full blown nor-easter (or as Canadians call it, snow) is predicted for this week. Many are without heat, and many have lost their homes and even more everything in them.

 I will be donating all quilts made with the fabrics and battings sent for the Batt series. Any London, ON sewists who would like to help can email me. I have an immense amount of fabric and instead of doing them a few at a time over the next few months I'd like to get them all done as soon as possible.

 Further I will be donating my quilting skills to those willing to provide the tops/batting/backing for quilts to be donated. If you are local I will even pick them up from you and drop off for binding.

If you can't donate a quilt consider giving to the Red Cross or local food banks. While parts of Canada were damaged by the storm the worst hit was in New York & New Jersey, and many districts are sending any and all extra provisions to them.

1 comment:

LesQuilts said...

Hi Cara!
I forgot you are in London, I was just there!
If I send some blocks, could you or someone but them into a quilt?
I'll add some money for batting, etc.
Thanks, Leslie