Sunday, May 15, 2011

Little Bit's First Communion

I just remembered I haven't posted about Little Bit's First Communion! She received the Sacrement a few weeks ago.
For those who don't know First Communion is when a person received Eucharist for the first time, often done at age 7-8, so grade 2.
Our new parish doesn't have the entire class, she goes to a Catholic school, do their sacrements all at once, but spread out over several weeks. This is way nicer because it means Mass isn't super long because of the number of kiddos.




Little Bit picked out her dress herself and was so proud of it! She looks gorgeous and I can't believe how grown up she is getting! What happened to my baby??

LOL she looks so tiny compared to Shane and I but my little girl is really growing up!

15 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

beautiful dress! she's lovely Cara

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Beautiful, and such a pretty dress! Pass along our congratulations to her

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Congratulations! My son received his First Communion a few weeks ago also. What a very special family occasion! She looks just beautiful!

MGM

Sara said...

Congrats to Little Bit:) Love her dress!!

Wendy said...

Congratulations to Little Bit! She is truly beautiful!! Her dress is gorgeous of course :) Happy for you Mom ... she looks so grown up, though, where does the time go? :)

Sunnybec said...

A beautiful dress for a beautiful girl. They do grow up so fast

embracingitall said...

She looks like an angel. Lovely photos. I'm sure she felt extra special. Her dress is very sweet. Jacinta

sandra said...

She is a little princess in that dress, congratulations to her.
I hope you received my blocks I had a FM moment and forgot to put the note that I had written to you in with the blocks. I am sure you understand.
Blessings to all Sandra

Vickie said...

She is gorgeous! The dress is absolutely beautiful! You three make a wonderful family picture!

Lis Harwood said...

What a lovely family picture. Congratulations to Little Bit and the blessings of the Lord to you all.

hetty said...

Congratulations to Little Bit! She's beautiful!

hetty said...

Oops! I wanted to add... What a beautiful family photo!

Beverly said...

She's beautiful. I love her hair, it's gorgeous! She looks very much the little lady! Congratulations!

sewfunquilts said...

Congratulations to her. Her dress is beautiful and so is she!

KatieQ said...

She looks beautiful. I think it's great that she was able to receive Communion in a small group. My children went to Catholic school, but the CCD program at the parish received at the same time, so it was like a Cecil B. DeMille production. It is really hard on the kids.
The family portrait really captures the day.