Monday, September 28, 2009

Home from the Hospital

I've finally arrived home after my hysterectomy. I developed a damn fever so had to stay a few extra days.
Asides from being in pain and sore, which is surprisingly only slightly worse than from a c-section, I'm doing well now.

The big bummer? I'm not allowed to lift/carry anything more than 5lbs for 8weeks! Which leaves me relying on DH for everything, so far so good, but it means I can't do anything in the kitchen unless he's there, can't even lift my own laptop. This dependancy will drive me nuts but I'll try to enjoy the service for now.

Obviously no sewing has been done but I'm hoping that tomorrow before he goes back to work he'll set up my machine and I can do some that has been sitting around waiting, like Lillebet's Garden's sashing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better- and get some sewing done! I enjoy reading your blog!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Glad your home and the surgery went well. Hope Dh is good at pampering you....