Monday, December 9, 2013

Reasons I shouldn't sew blocks at different times

As you can see I had sewn one group of blocks together with the colour placement messed up. I'm trying to decide whether to leave it, break apart & use the 2 orphan blocks I found to create a finished block in each colour way (the middle ones would look right basically & L-R would mirror) or to make some more blocks (assuming I can find the yellows which I can't currently)/

Always lot's of choices!

Don't forget tomorrow night, Tues 9pmET, is #talknt  and #talknt2 is Wed from 3-4pmET, 8pmGMT.
Chat quilting, meet some new people and maybe win a prize!

2 comments:

Sewgreen said...

I started keeping a mini notebook with notes on how I make quilt blocks, because I had something similar happen. And it's been real handy to go back to it to see my notes.

Threeundertwo said...

I think the left/right mirror would look great.

I know exactly the feeling. I did a whole row of HSTs backwards in a border. Had to pick apart every single one. I'm really trying to work on quilts more continuously now so I don't make big mistakes like that.