Sunday, January 31, 2016

A new plan for all the Fig Tree Quilts fabrics and blocks

 I have a teeny tiny, overflowing but totally necessary stash of Fig Tree Quilts fabrics. You can read about it here.
 I had decided to do a Farmer's Wife quilt, and restarted it in September, but the thing is I hate templates and I'm not the biggest paper piecing fan. So about half the blocks I just plain ol' don't want to do.

 But I'm still in love with the idea of an all Fig Tree sampler quilt. It still represents my quilting journey to me. And I have a LOT of Fig Tree fabrics.
 This is just the yardage.


As this seems to be the year of the sampler online I've decided to join a few, make the blocks I like or look to teach me something new or I just love enough to make with pp or templates.

 First up is the Moda Sampler Shuffle. I've been getting the blocks from Fat Quarter Shop's blog but they're around on several shops sites and I assume the Moda blog.



I've got 17 done between a small sewing frenzy and a few that are the same as the Farmer's Wife Quilt.

Next is the Splendid Sampler from Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. It starts Feb 14th and has over 100 blocks so I know there will be plenty to make from that!


I decided to throw in a few 12" blocks, all the others are 6" finished, Just so I don't need the like 200+ blocks I would have had to make for a king size sampler. I want it about 100" and haven't decided if I want to add borders or not. I figure that's a decision for another day.

I've added Aurifil's block of the month quilt along and I really liked Fat Quarter Shop's Single Ring blocks so made one of them up for a few of the 12". I figure I can hide 10-12 of the large blocks without them taking over.













Total 6" block total so far = 49

What are you up? Do you have a certain style you have a lot of? Or that represents something to you?

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram or Twitter to see what I'm up to. I post there much more frequently then I do here.

No comments: