Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Challenge Quilt

Nicole is hosting a Two Colour Quilt Challenge. She and Susan, Erika, Jane, Julia, and Patti are all going to do it.
I've been wanting to make a red and white quilt for a while and this seems like a great opportunity. The peer pressure should help.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a Lady of the Lake, or a 9p and snowball quilt. Something simple and classic.
I also have a bunch of blues and neautrals. Hmmm...I may have to think about this one.
If I do the blues and neautrals I could do a jewel box or Road to Oklahoma. There are so many patterns that look amazing in blue and white/neatral.

I'm not a huge fan of scrappy, at least not making them myself, but I think with two colour quilts it looks really nice.
Blues would be easier because I wouldn't have to worry about them not going together. Reds are a lot harder, you have to watch for the undertone, purple, yellow, brown, etc.
So do I go comfortable and blue or be adventurous and try red?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Funny, I always struggle more with blues being compatible in a quilt. Reds seem easier to me, but maybe I tend to collect reds in the same tones all the time.
I am having a hard time sticking to just one two color group. I have a blue and white quilt in mind as well!