Friday, May 9, 2008

Paper piecing and a New BOM

Here is yet another paper pieced block. I really like this one and may make some more another day. I had originally thought I could make all the blocks like stars using colour but I have decided I'll just go with the flow and make them as I'm inspired.

I started a new Block of the Month through the Fat Quarter Shop. This is one of my favorite online quilt shops.
The quilt is called Birds and Bees and is designed by Quilt soup. They really have some cute patterns.

This block is called Honey Bees. It was ok to make. I remembered while I was making it that I don't like applique and am not very good at it. It looks wonderful and beautiful but I'm really not very comfortable with it. I had to make two of these.

I'm still trying to decide on my fabrics for the Two Colour Challenge, (checkout Nicole for info) I can't decide. I did get the book The Simple Joys of Quilting. I haven't had a chance to check it out but hopefully it will give me some inspiration.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Your Honey Bee block is darling. I love those colors. I'm thinking i might have to take on another challenge--this one.