Monday, August 3, 2009

More Lillebet's Garden

I'm really enjoying doing this applique which for me is odd. I'm terrified of applique.
Seriously, it makes me want to cry. But not this method. It has me actually contemplating more applique. Crazy.
Here is 54 flowers, and a jar of the cutting from it.

See this is one of the things that drives me nuts about applique. The waste. Some of it is me, and my terrified of not enough, so I cut to generously around my applique, and then give it like 1/2" turnover allowance, which ends up meaning fewer shapes, and more waste. But some of it is inherent to to whole concept of cutting random shapes from large rectangles.
Hmmm...this is sounding more and more like life. I'm starting to conquer fears, especially that of failure and censure. Trying to take random events in my life and create something beautiful from it.

Here are most of the leaves and some of the berries or whatever the yellow is supposed to be.

I'm going to hold off finishing them until tomorrow or later. I think this may be a good thing for me to do at the park while Little Bit plays.

She's coming home today after an 10 day vacation with her bio dad. I miss her terribly. I'm hoping she has had a fun time. She didn't want to go, but normally comes back generally happy and in good health.

So, I'm off to work on the sashing to Lillebet's Garden and try and find a long arm quilter nearby for Prairie Paisley.

No comments: