Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Year of Schnibbles January

 I have my flimsy finished for January's Schnibble, Madeline. In Rouenneries, of course. LOL.


  I have to confess that this one gave me problems. Trimming down the blocks after adding the "setting triangles" to each block just didn't work well for me. To get the right size I had to go very close to the points, which meant I lost some when they were sewn into rows. As I trimmed and measure each center star, and checked my seam allowance, I'm not quite sure how I ended up a bit off but I guess in the end it doesn't matter. Especially when you look at it from this angle.


 I'm thinking of trying to find some sort of black trim to sew between the blocks and the inner border. I'm now wishing I'd thought of it before borders were put onbut I think I may be able to find something. Since I had extra light/medium non reds I did a scrappy inner border instead of a solid.
Hmmm what about adding big setting triangles and making this a medallion quilt? I will ponder on it.

 I also got these in the mail!


The gorgeous Blush! Most likely I will use these for next month's Schnibble, though it does depend on the pattern that is chosen.

And an even more, or at least equally, gorgeous pattern from Cath's Pennies Designs!

Heheheh sheep...
I can't wait to get this together...maybe for this Valentine's Day? Probably not, but goals are good and all that. You have to go check out her blog. Cath does amazing things with wool. And she has several patterns for sale, and occasionally a completed wool mat. Pretty, pretty.
Hehehe sheep...I have a funny story about sheep, DH, and Scotland. Tell me if you're interested. 

 While I was sewing down the Fleur-de-Lis on Chateaux Duma, on Saturday morning


I watched this.


 I've seen it before, but oh so pretty. The costumes are great, and it's an interesting look at a brief period of Catherine the Great's reign. This was one amazing woman, ruthless and brutal, but amazing. If you enjoy reading etc about Elizabeth I, you will probably be fascinated by Catherine. A German noblewoman who became Czarina of All the Russias, ruling in her own right.

 I have another infusion tomorrow/today (Wednesday) so I'm hoping to be pain free for a day or two (longer would be good :) ), and getting some good sleep!

8 comments:

Thelma said...

I LOVE what you did with the black! It really makes that center star pop. I'm hoping to get to Madeline but am not willing to stop what I'm currently working on to do her. I'm hoping to finish Toulouse 1/30, giving me 1/31 to work on Madeline....you know me, I always have a plan!

Anonymous said...

It is fantastic to see Madeline a wee bit differently than all the others. The black is fantastic! It makes the Schnibble say WOW!! Fantastic job!! Applause!!!

Ariane said...

I love your madeline quilt. It looks great. Love it.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wonderful Madeline! I'll be working on mine this weekend. ;-)

hetty said...

I love your schnibbles quilt! I am amazed at how you placed those black triangle to get that centre star! Fantastic! I made a similar quilt last month for a friend's mother, only in flowery fabrics. I had the same issues with the corner triangles, but in the end it looked okay.

hetty said...

Oops, almost forgot. Hope your infusion goes well and leaves you painfree for a long time!

Rene' said...

Your Madeline quilt looks great. I am enjoying seeing all these Schnibbles quilts without having to do any of the work ;-)) Love them. Hope you are feeling better from your treatment.

Kim said...

Of course, I love the black you used to form the center star! I never even noticed that secondary pattern. Now I want to go back and make it again--LOL!